Updating the firmware any Huawei phone is very straightforward. If you have updated the system software on any other android phones earlier, then you can do this effortlessly. You should always keep your Android smartphone updated to the latest software. It is very important as it will bring numerous new features and improve the security on your phone.
In this article, we will reveal the process of updating the system software on any Huawei or Honor smartphone. The whole process will be laid down in a step by step manner for your convenience. So, let’s begin.
Steps to Follow:
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu of your phone
- Then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on the ‘System’ option or navigate to ‘Apps>System’ option
- Next, you need to tap on ‘System Update’ or ‘Software Update’ option
- If you are connected to the internet, your phone will scan for any newly released updates on the next screen automatically
- Or else, you can manually check for updates by tapping on the ‘Check For Updates’ button. In doing so, your phone will check for any new updates
- If there’s any new update available, it will notify you. And, you can tap on ‘Download Now’ button to start downloading the latest version
- After the download has completed, you can start the update process by tapping the ‘Install Now’ button
- Within a moment, your phone will install the software update and restart automatically
- You can tap on the three (vertical) dots from the top corner of the ‘Software/System Update’ screen to bring out the overflow menu
- From there, you can tweak some important settings regarding the software update. For instance, you can toggle on or off the ‘Auto-download over Wi-Fi’ or the ‘Update overnight’ option
- You can also manually download the latest software update by tapping on the ‘Download latest full package’ option
Note: Depending on the model of your Huawei Phone, some of the steps may differ. On some of the specific Huawei phones, you might need to have a SIM card inserted on your phone to get the update notification
Whenever there’s a new update available, you should install it. And, most of the times, you will get an automatic notification about a newly released update. A software update is super important for any Android phone. Often times, a new update will bring newly released security patches. On top of that, your phone might get a new look too. So, if there’s a new update available, don't wait it out.