A SIM PIN can come in handy in some particular situations. For instance, you can use a SIM PIN to lock your SIM card. So, if anyone restarts your phone, it will not be unlocked without the PIN. Thus the user wouldn’t be able to use your phone to make any call, SMS, or even can’t use the cellular data.
Typically, your phone carrier will provide a SIM PIN (Personal Identification Number) for you. Otherwise, they will have a default SIM PIN for all of their SIMs. Thus, it is important to change the default SIM PIN so that no one can even guess it. So, if you want to change the SIM PIN on your iPhone, this post is for you. You can change the SIM PIN on your iPhone by following just a few steps.
Let’s learn how to do that.
Steps to Follow
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu on your iPhone
- Next, tap on ‘Cellular’ option from there
- At the next screen, tap on ‘SIM PIN’ option
- It will take you to the next page where you have to tap on ‘Change PIN’ option
- Your iPhone will prompt for your current PIN, so enter the current PIN and tap on ‘Done’
- Next, enter the new PIN (the PIN you want) and tap on ‘Done’
- It will ask for the new PIN one more time. Simply, enter the new PIN again and tap on ‘Done’
With this step, the SIM PIN should be changed on your iPhone.
- Do not try to guess your SIM PIN. Because if you enter incorrect SIM PIN for a few times, your SIM will be permanently locked. At that moment, you will have two options. First, you can call and ask your carrier’s customer support team to provide you with the SIM PUK (Personal Unlocking Key). You can enter the PUK code to unlock your SIM. Or else, the second option is to buy a new SIM
- If you don't know your SIM PIN, you can always ask your carrier’s customer support to know it first
We hope that was easy to understand. It is truly very easy to change the SIM PIN on your iPhone. If you have followed the steps above carefully, you should know how to change the SIM PIN on an iPhone from now on.