Your iPhone has a powerful camera. With the help of the new and improved camera app, you can now capture your favorite moments better than ever. That’s good news. On the other hand, there's bad news as well. These high-resolution photos and videos will take a lot more storage space than normal ones. So, you will run out of storage soon enough.
Is there a solution to this? The answer is yes. You can delete photos to recover storage space. But, we know that is not a perfect solution. We need better than that. Luckily, there is an awesome solution to this storage problem.
And, we will tell you all about that in this post. If you follow the method, you won’t have to delete every photo you capture. Rather, you can capture your favorite moments without any limitations.
So, let’s learn how to do that…
For iPhone or iPad users:
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ app on your preferred device
- Then scroll down and tap on the ‘Photos’ option
- On the next page, tap on the ‘Optimize iPhone Storage’ option
- In doing so, a checkmark will appear next to the option which means it is enabled successfully
Now let’s learn how to optimize storage space on your Mac.
For Mac users:
- Open the Photos app on your Mac by clicking on the ‘Photos’ icon form the menu bar
- Then click on ‘Preferences’ option and navigate to the iCloud tab
- After that click on the ‘Optimize Mac Storage’ option from under the iCloud Photos tab
That’s it for now. Wasn’t that easy?
Enabling the storage optimization option on any iOS device is very useful. However, you should know that after you have enabled this great option, your high-resolution photos and videos will be replaced with smaller versions. At the same time, your original photos are already stored in your iCloud account. You can easily download them anytime you want to.
We believe the tutorial was easy to understand. So, from now on, if you need storage space on your iPhone to capture new photos, don't start to delete any important photos. Rather, follow the method we have provided above to recover a lot of storage space with ease.