Do you need to increase the text size in the ‘Messages’ app? Sometimes, it is possible that the default text size might be difficult to read for some of us. Most of the time, it can be prevalent when it comes to reading text messages on the ‘Messages’ app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac. If that is the case for you, then there’s great news for you.
There is an easy fix to this problem. You can change the text size of the ‘Messages’ app on your iPhone/iPad/Mac. And fortunately, it is very easy to do. In this post, we will tell the entire method in a step by step manner.
So, without wasting more words, let’s get straight to the business…
For iPhone and iPad users:
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu of your iPhone or iPad
- Now, tap on the ‘General’ option from there
- At this point, you have to tap on the ‘Accessibility’ option
- In the next screen, you will find a lot of options and you have to tap on the ‘Larger Text’ option
- Next, you need to enable the ‘Larger Accessibility Sizes’ option by tapping the slider. If it is enabled, it will turn to green
- As now the ‘Larger Accessibility Sizes’ option is enabled, you can move the slider from the bottom of the screen to set up your preferred text size
- You will see a live demo of the outcome of the new text size on this very screen while you are moving the slider from left to right
- As you are changing the text size in your device settings, it will not just change the text size in ‘Messages’ app but also will affect all the other apps that support ‘Dynamic Text Type’. So, you will see this text size in apps like Notes, Mail etc. as well.
For Mac users:
- Launch the Messages app on your Mac
- Now, click on the ‘Messages’ option and then on ‘Preferences’ from the menu bar
- It will open the ‘General’ tab. On that page, you will find a slider at the bottom for changing the text size of the ‘Messages’ app
- So, move the slider side to side and set your desired text size with ease
- Fortunately, by following the above steps, you won’t mess up the text size of any other apps on your Mac. Only the text size of the ‘Messages’ app will change
Wrapping things up:
We hope this was easy. So if you have had a problem concerning the smaller text size on the ‘Messages’ app, you can solve the issue with just a few clicks. It is pretty common that the default text size might not be suitable for you. So, you might struggle with it. But, we hope after reading this tutorial, you won’t have to face this problem again.