Recently, the Electra team has released their first publicly available jailbreak for iOS 11.4.x. A lot of users have tried it and succeeded in jailbreaking their iPhone running on 11.4.x. So, if you are one of them who are waiting for jailbreaking your iPhone (iOS 11.4.x) for a long time, then your time has come.
In this post, we will share the steps by step method of jailbreaking your iPhone with the help of Electra. However, we would still recommend using the unc0ver tool for iOS 11.4.x for this purpose.
Now, if you are ready to jailbreak, let’s get started…
Note: If you don't have prior experience of jailbreaking your iPhone, we would not advise it to do it. If you encounter any issues, you would need to deal with them by yourself. We are not responsible for any damage to your device
Steps to follow to jailbreak iOS 11.4.x with Electra:
- Download the Electra1141.ipa from its official website on your computer
- Now connect your iOS device to the computer, and launch the Cydia Impactor
- Once your iOS device is listed on the Cydia Impactor window, drag the Electra app onto the Impactor window to sideload it
- Next, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. So enter those necessary login credentials. However, if you have set up two-step authentication on your account, you will need to generate an app-specific password at that step
- When the app is on your device, you need to navigate to the ‘Settings’ app on your device
- Next tap on ‘General’ button
- And then tap on the ‘Profiles and Device Management’ option
- At this point, tap on your Apple ID and finally tap on ‘Trust’
- Now, launch the Electra from your home screen
- You will need to tap on the ‘Jailbreak’ button to initiate the process
- In doing so, Cydia will start to install on your device
- Once the Cydia is installed and resprung, you will be taken back to the home screen. From there, launch the Cydia
- At this point, you should remove the ‘repo666.ultrasnow.com’ repo, which is known for generating errors. You can optionally install any other essential updates as well. You can also install Sileo or not
- At last, install any packages to make sure that everything is working fine. With this, the other essential packages and Substitute will be installed as well
That’s it. Congratulations! If you have followed the steps mentioned above, you should have a jailbroken iPhone by now.