Remembering passwords can be overwhelming at times. Because we have so many that sometimes we might forget some of them. It is very possible that you actually don't know most of your passwords. We tend to remember the passwords we use frequently.
Nowadays, people use different password manager apps to keep all their passwords organized. And, if you are using an iPhone or iPad, you can use iCloud Keychain. So, it is normal if you don't know the password of the last Wi-Fi network you have connected to. You can get help from the Keychain Access (iCloud Keychain) app. By using that, you can easily find out the password of a particular Wi-Fi network you have connected to.
Let’s see how to do that…
Steps to Follow:
- Fire up your Mac and open a Finder window by clicking on ‘Finder’ from your dock
- From the newly opened Finder window, click on ‘Applications’ from the left sidebar
- Now, click on the ‘Utilities’ folder
- After that, you have to double–click on the ‘Keychain Access’ app to open it
- From the left sidebar, click on the ‘iCloud’ option
- Next, you have to click on the ‘Passwords’ option from the bottom left of the screen
- On the main window (right side), you will find all of the passwords saved
- Find the Wi-Fi network of which you need the password. To make the searching easier, you can sort by Name, Kind or Date Modified
- Once you have found the network name you were looking for, double-click on it and a new window will pop up
- Click on the ‘Show password’ box from the pop-up window
- In doing so, another window will appear. You have to enter your Keychain Access password there and click on ‘OK’
- Now, you will find the password for that particular Wi-Fi network next to the ‘Show Password’ box
It is very easy to forget a password. When it comes to Wi-Fi Network password, we actually incline not to memorize it at all. We connect our device for the first time and then we don't think about anymore. However, if you need to connect a new device to that network, then you just need to know the password.
And, luckily, this is not a problem anymore if you have the Keychain Access app. If you have followed the tutorial above, you will be able to recover your desired password with the help of iCloud Keychain. We hope this will help you out in the long run.