Every smartphone is capable of setting the time and date automatically. Your iPhone is not an exception here as well. It can update both the time and the time zone on its own. But, you can actually turn this setting off.
It might seem that it is a handy feature. Frankly, it is helpful. But, you don't want your iPhone’s time to be changed randomly. That’d be annoying. So, you should take full control over the time settings of your iPhone. In this post, we will be showing how to do exactly that.
So, let’s get to the business…
To turn off automatic time zone settings:
- First of all, Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu of your iPhone
- Then tap on the ‘General’ option from there
- Next, scroll down till you find the ‘Date & Time’ option and tap on it
- Now, tap or move the ‘Set Automatically’ slider to toggle it off. The toggle button will turn to white from green, that indicates that the automatic time setting is now off
That is it. Again, the iPhone has a location-based time zone settings. With the help of this setting, your phone will automatically change the time zone based on your location. You can turn that off as well. To do that, you have to follow the steps below.
Steps to follow:
- Go to the Settings menu on your iPhone
- Next, navigate to the ‘Privacy’ option
- Now, tap on the ‘Location Services’ option from the list of the options
- On the next page, scroll down and tap on the ‘System Services’ option
- Then, you have to turn off the ‘Setting Time Zone’ option by moving the slider next to it or by tapping the option itself. That’s it
Frankly, the ‘auto time zone’ feature is very helpful. It can come in handy while you travel overseas. But, if you are not a frequent traveler, then there is no need to use this feature. Once you are in another time zone, you can actually manually change the time and the time zone from the settings. We hope that now you know how to stop the iPhone from changing time zones itself.