You might have noticed the animation feature on your iPhone or iPad already. And, some of you might really love the animations. On the other hand, some of you actually don't like the feature. The only good thing about this feature is that it looks cool. However, it actually drains your phone’s battery faster.
Again, some of us are sensitive to motion. So, you might want to get rid of the animations on your iPhone or iPad. If you are one of them, then don't worry at all. Because Apple has made it so simple to turn the animations off on an iPad or iPhone. And, in this article, we will demonstrate the entire method step by step.
Fortunately, this is very easy to do and it won’t take a lot of your precious time. So, here we go…
Steps to Follow:
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the ‘General’ option from there
- Now, tap on the ‘Accessibility’ option from inside the ’General’ menu
- Navigate to the ‘Vision’ section and tap on the ‘Reduce Motion’ option from the bottom part of the screen
- By default, the ‘Reduce Motion’ option will be turned off. You have to actually turn it ON to get rid of the animations
- So, tap on the slider next to the ‘Reduce Motion’ option and it will turn green. This will turn off the animations
- Optionally, you can also tap on the ‘Auto-Play Message Effects’ option from the same screen to disable it. In doing so, it will turn off the screen effects and the bubble in ‘Messages’ app
That’s how it is done. After turning on the ‘Reduce Motion’ option, you will notice some changes to your device. For example:
What will change?
- The special ‘Zoom’ animation will go away while opening and closing an app. In place of that, you will see a normal fade or dissolve effect
- The wallpaper on your iPhone will no longer use the parallax effect
- The parallax effect of icons will also be turned off
- If you use the app switcher, the apps will not zip across as you swipe
- Along with all these, the animations throughout the device will be affected
Apple is not famous for its customizability. But it is also true that you can easily customize some of the features (like turning on/off the animations) the way you like it with ease. The animation feature is there for just the look and aesthetics.
Thus, if you don't want them, you can have it your way. There is no problem with turning the feature off. And, we hope this tutorial will help you out when you need to get rid of the animations on your iPhone or iPad.