Sometimes, text messages aren't just enough. In those instances, you can take advantage of the voice message feature. If you are an iPhone, iPad or Mac user then you can easily send voice messages to your friends and family.
In today’s post, we will be sharing 2 methods of sending voice messages using your iPhone, iPad or Mac. Both of these methods are very easy to do and can be done in an instant. So, let’s learn.
In this method, we will use the default ‘iMessage' app of your Apple device to send the voice message. You'll need at least iOS 8 on your iPhone/iPad to use this method. So, let's begin.
Steps to Follow:
• First of all, launch the ‘iMessage’ app. Then open a new message thread or you can open a previous one as well. Make sure you have selected the correct recipient
• Now, for iOS — you have to tap and continue holding the microphone icon to record your voice message and let go of it when you’re done
• For Mac — just click on the microphone icon to start and stop the recording session
• After the completion of the recording, you will see 3 different options
• Tap the ‘Play/➤’ icon to listen to the recording prior to sending it
• Tap the ‘Delete/X’ icon to delete the recording if you are not satisfied with it
• And tap the ‘Send/⬆’ (Upward Arrow button) to send the audio message
• That’s it. To be noted, by default the delivered audio message will be deleted automatically in a moment after the delivery is completed. However, if you want to save it for yourself you can tap on the ‘Keep’ button under the delivered message. Or you can change the default settings of iMessage to prevent the auto-deletion
• The recipient will be able to play the message by tapping on the ‘Play/➤’ button on their device
• The recipient must have iMessage on their device. Otherwise, you can’t use this method to send an audio message to that particular recipient
Now, let’s learn another quick method.
In this method, we will be using the ‘Voice Memos’ app of your Apple device to record the voice message. Then we will use the ‘Messages' app to share it. So, let's do it.
Steps to Follow:
• First, launch the ‘Voice Memos’ app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
• Then tap or click on the ‘Record’ button (big red circle) to start recording your message
• When you are done recording your message, you need to tap the ‘Record’ button once again on iOS to stop recording. And on Mac to stop the recording, you need to click the ‘Done’ button
• To send the audio recording, tap the ‘More’ (3 horizontal dots) button and then hit the ‘Share’ button on iOS. And, on Mac, click on the ‘Sharing’ button
• After that, select the ‘Message(s)’ app and once the ‘Messages’ app opens, enter your recipient and send it. You can also use any other app to send the voice message. It is not compulsory to use the ‘Messages’ app in this instance. But, remember, the recipient must have the same app you are using to send the recording
• After sending the voice message, you can return to the ‘Voice Memos’ app and delete the recorded message by tapping on the ‘Delete/Bin’ icon next to the recording
By this time, we hope that you know how to send a voice message on your iPhone, iPad or Mac. If you haven’t tried it yet, try it out. We believe you will like it.