OpenPlus promised its valued clients consistency in releasing strategic updates for their devices and so far they have been true to their word. You can now be among the first people to experience the new features incorporated in the OxygenOS by upgrading your OnePlus 6 device with the new Android pie-based OxygenOS. Some of the dominant features for the pie-based beta are such as the newly developed UI that comes with a modified gesture navigation system, an improved Gaming Mode version 3.0 and the Do Not Disturb mode that offers you a wider range of granular controls.
These improvements are open to all onePlus 6 users but for people who heavily rely on the Google Pay services offered by the devices they are advised to hold off from making this upgrade just yet. The system is a beta so you are liable to experience some technical crashes with some individual applications that are not compatible. Google pay integration, for instance, will be altered for your device with this beta upgrade hence its users are advised to wait for the release of a more Google Pay compatible beta upgrade. For all the other users, Android Pie based OxygenOS Open Beta will definitely enrich their smartphone experience.
Step by Step procedure for Installing OxygenOS Open Beta for the OnePlus 6
OnePlus has recently released OxygenOS Open Beta and Open Beta 2 upgrades back to back and both are available on the OxygenOS channel. Making the installations is a relatively short process that takes less than 10 minutes and you will not lose any data or application preinstalled on the phone. It is, however, plausible to back up any crucial information and data to be fully guaranteed from any inconveniences.
The simplest and most effective way to install the upgrades is to download the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 to your phone’s memory then move it to a root folder. This is how you can do this:
1. Navigate to Oneplus download page then locate the ROM downloads down the list in the OnePlus 6 category and choose OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta 2 to start the 1.49 GB download.
2. When successfully downloaded, navigate to file manager located in the application drawer
3. Tap on the downloads icon
4. Locate your downloaded file and long press to highlight it. On the top right corner press on the three dots (action menu) to avail the file transfer option.
5. Choose the copy option
6. Choose internal storage for location
7. Using the paste function copy the file in the directory
8. Leave the file manager and navigate to settings
9. Scroll to the bottom to find the system function and tap on it
10. Select system updates
11. Tap on the gear icon located at the top right end of the screen
12. Select Local Upgrade
13. You will be able to locate the file that you stored in the root directory here. Tap on the individual file to commence the installation of OxygenOS Open Beta 2. This process takes up to ten minutes to fully incorporate the new features in your OpenPlus 6.
So far the build has been a success with no reported shortcomings and the release of a more stable pie-based OxygenOS build is anticipated in the coming months. For all OnePlus phones, the OxygenOS software is responsible for running all its operations and for users not subscribed to the Open Beta the software is still updated from time to time with modified features including safe bug fix programs. OnePlus is making preparations to launch the OnePlus 6T and different users will now be able to take advantage of the OnePlus switch app which is: –
• More compatible with Android devices in the market today
• Able to manually connect to different mobile hotspots
• Able to effectively arrange applications, support wallpapers and the migrate launcher
• Able to launch the backup application data
Much of the personalized features from your old device will be transferable to your new device with the help of the OnePlus Switch. Such includes wallpapers, default launcher, home screen application layout, calls and SMS backups, downloads, contacts and application data. The widget data, however, is still complicated to back up even for the most exclusive launchers available in the market today.