Want even more loudness coming out of your Android device’s speakers? You’re not the only one. Unfortunately, even mega-corporations like Samsung and LG still haven’t realized that what we all really want is a smartphone that’s capable of getting us to groove in just the tap of an onscreen button.
Yes, we’ve been cursed with almost one-dimensional sound, but no longer. You now have the opportunity to play your favorite tunes (or podcasts!) back with 3D sound. More on this below:
Ever hear of Goetrek’s AM3D? It’s a piece of software that can provide you with the highest-quality of audio processing available on the market right now. You know that this product is legit when it’s being used in the sound industry by audio recording professionals! What’s more, what they offer in comparison to their competitors is something called virtual surround sound, a highly innovative piece of software that can make a two speaker setup sound like a complete 5.1 home theatre experience. Pretty crazy, right?
Previously, you wouldn’t be able to take advantage of this tech on a smartphone unless you owned a Sharp AQUOS smartphone which came pre-loaded with AM3D’s Zirene software. These days, however, you’re able to install these feature onto any Android phone. To make the installation process easy and quick, you want to make sure you have Magisk installed into your smartphone. Magisk will work with ViPER4Android, Dolby Atmos and other audio mods – so, basically, you’ll be able to do get started once you have Magisk on your smartphone.
Let’s get started in showing you how it’s done.
1. What you’re going to want to do first is install the module. You’re going to enter your installed app, Magisk and go into the download Search for AM3D Zirene and tap on the download icon when it shows up. Then, click install, it’ll take a few seconds to process. Another screen will pop up asking you to reboot, tap reboot.
2. Your Android will reboot itself and you’ll then want to open to AM3D Zirene Sound app. Once opened, you’re going to ensure that the main service is enabled. To check, on the top right-hand section of the screen, you’ll see an on/off icon. Make sure that the icon says “on”. Once that’s complete, you’ll be able to adjust the bass and treble levels using the dials at the bottom of the screen.
3. Beside the on/off icon, you’ll see a phone-shaped icon, this will be on the top right-hand corner of the screen. Tap on this icon. Once you do, you’ll be shown another screen where you’ll be able to select the output device that’ll have customized audio profiles for each. So, if you’re using headphones, Bluetooth or speaker, you’ll be able to have customized options for each.
4. Select the “JBL J46BT” option for headphones.
5. Now that you selected the JBL J46BT option, you can customize the effects. On your screen, you’ll see a variety of arrows, bass, treble, etc. You can choose the type of music playing to give the audio a specific sound. To make sure that your effects are enabled, the effects you’d like to apply must be highlighted green.
6. Now, this step is optional, however, if you’d like, you can enable the equalizer. If you’re using a different equalizer app, then there’s no need. However, it’s good to know that you can enable this feature with AM3D Zirene Sound. So, in order to do so, you’ll want to turn on the toggle that’s located on the top right-hand side of the main menu. It’s underneath the on/off icon. Once you hit the toggle, select either a preset or you can select user and then customize it yourself. Whatever changes you do will take effect immediately, so, test out the effects by playing some music.
You’ll notice how dramatic the changes are to your sound once you play around with the effects. Don’t be afraid to test out different options and to customize your sound. If you don’t like it, you can always cancel the effect. So, what are you waiting for? Download the app as soon as possible and get started. You’ll never go back to your normal audio every again.