If you’re a fan of your phone, then you may want to show off your wallpaper to give your phone a completely new and unique look, one that nobody else has. We all want to be different and changing our phones is a great place to start. One of the best ways to give your iPhone a personalized touch if to add blank icons to your Home screen.
But what to blank icons do and why are they needed? Well, blank icons allow you to create an empty space on your Home screen, thus, you’ll be able to see your wallpaper properly or also be able to arrange your icons in a specific way. Interested in giving it a shot? If so, keep reading as we’re going to show you how to create a blank transparent icon on your iPhone. You may be worried about what you’ll have to do in order to create a blank icon, however, you won’t have to do much. There’s no jailbreak or hacking required in order to get this done. All you have to do is follow these simple steps.
Creating empty spaces on your iPhone Home screen
1. Go to your Home screen
2. While on your Home screen, tap and hold on any icon. This will enter it into wiggle mode. You’ll see the icons move jiggle which alerts you that you’re able to move the icons around. If you want, in wiggle mode you can also delete them as well. Once they’re in wiggle mode, you’ll want to swipe left until you reach the far right Home screen page. This page should be completely empty without any icons except for Dock.
3. Take a screenshot of the empty page
4. On your iPhone, go to http://iempty.tooliphone.net using the Safari browser
5. Then, select the Create BLANK icons option
6. Then, you’re going to tap on Add, and select Choose File. Go and find the screenshot that you took in step 1 and upload it. By uploading the photo to the website, you’ll be able to create a transparent icon which is actually pieces of your wallpaper that are used as icons. Since these icons are identical to the areas of your wallpaper, it’ll give the impression that it’s transparent.
7. Once your screenshot has been uploaded, you’ll want to scroll down the page a bit where you’ll find the Customization section. Here is where you’ll see a grid of icons and your wallpaper in the background. This is where you’ll need to do a bit of work. For each icon that you want to leave blank on your Home screen, you’ll have to select one of the blank icons that are generated on the screen. Then, add it as a bookmark to your Home screen.
As an example, you’ll start off with the 1×1 icon by tapping on it. Then, you’ll want to tap the Share icon which you’ll see at the bottom of the screen. Then, select Add to Home Screen. The blank icon will then be added to your Home screen.
8. You’ll need to repeat this for all the icons you want to make transparent on your Home screen.
9. Now, when you’ve completed step 8, you’ll be able to rearrange your app icons in a way that suits you best, putting your own style on your Home screen.
Though, there are some downsides to this procedure. If you want to change your wallpaper and have the transparent icons on your new wallpaper, you’ll need to repeat this process again. You’re not able to transfer transparent icons from one wallpaper to another. In addition, you need to make sure that you don’t accidentally tap on the blank icons on your iPhone as it’ll accidentally launch Safari. This can become quite a pain if you are not paying attention, however, it’s not a complete dealbreaker.
If you want to customize your iPhone and make your wallpaper more visible and unique, give this method a try.