Google has introduced the ‘Active Edge’ feature back in 2017. The Google Pixel 2 was the first Google phone which had this unique feature. However, the latest flagship from Google, the Pixel 3 also comes with it. It is an interesting yet handy feature.
If you are a new owner of the Pixel 3, you might not know about this feature at all. So, here’s a bit of information regarding the ‘Active Edge’ feature for you. The ‘Active Edge' allows you to perform a number of tasks by just squeezing both sides of your phone.
With the help of this feature, you can launch Google Assistant, or silence timers, alarms, and incoming calls etc. However, if you have not calibrated the squeeze sensitivity, it might get activated accidentally. And, nobody likes that to happen. However, you can actually customize the sensitivity of the squeeze as well to fix this issue.
So, in this post, we will share how to customize the ‘Active Edge’ feature on the Google Pixel 3. To know all about this, you can start reading the step by step guide below.
Steps to Follow:
• Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu of your phone. You can pull down the ‘Notification bar’ from the top edge of your phone and then tap the ‘Settings’ icon to open the settings menu
• Now, scroll all the way down and tap on the ‘System’ option
• From there, tap on ‘Gestures’ option
• Then tap on ‘Active Edge’ option
• In there, you can find all the settings related to the ‘Active Edge’ feature and customize them
• First, the ‘Squeeze sensitivity’ option reflects how hard you need to squeeze the sides of your phone to trigger the ‘Active Edge’ feature
• You can move the slider from left to right to increase the squeeze sensitivity and vice-versa. After that, you can squeeze the phone to see if the feature is activated or not
• You will also find another 3 options related to this feature below the ‘Squeeze sensitivity’ option. Those are pretty self-explanatory. You will be able to customize them your way
• If you want to turn off the ‘Active Edge’ feature completely then, toggle off all the options by tapping each of them. However, we would recommend turning all of these option to get the best of this feature
That is all you need to know to customize the ‘Active Edge' feature on your Pixel 3. We believe you can do this yourself from now on by following the instructions above. So, go and take advantage of this feature. Or if you think it is not for you, you can turn it off entirely too. It's up to you now.