So you got a new iOS device. We know the feeling. Awesome, isn’t it? But, there’s a slight problem. You can’t use it to its full potential unless you customize it your way. There are a lot of things to do before you can use your new phone comfortably.
And, one of them is to install your favorite apps or games. But the problem arises when the size of the apps you are going to install is large. There might be a time when you won't have enough space to install a new game on your device.
But, fear not. You can delete/uninstall some of the pre-installed apps to save storage space. As you will notice, there are a lot of apps comes pre-installed with your phone. It is possible that you won’t use some of those apps anytime soon.
So, it is better to delete them and install some new apps which you will use instead. The apps you are going to delete depends totally on your preference. For instance, there are a number of apps which take a lot of space but are not necessary for a normal user. Some of them are: Keynote (691 MB), GarageBand (1.7 GB), Numbers (476.7 MB) etc.
Now, it totally depends on you. You might be an avid user of GarageBand. So, if that’s the case, don't get rid of that app. However, you will find some apps which you won’t use and you can delete them.
We will share 2 methods of deleting apps from your iOS device down below. Both of these methods are very easy. So, follow the instructions to learn the methods.
Steps to Follow:
• At first, find the icon of the app you want to delete. Then tap and hold on that icon until all the icons begin to jiggle
• Then you'll notice an ‘X’ icon on top of each app’s icon. You have to tap on that ‘X’ icon next
• Now, a new popup window will appear to confirm the deletion. Simply, tap on the ‘Delete’ button and the app will be deleted
This is the easiest way to delete an app from an iOS device. However, if you don't know which app to delete, you can learn the specification of any app at first. Then you can easily delete them. So, let's see how to identify apps you want to delete.
Steps to Follow:
• Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu of your iOS device
• Next, tap on the ‘General’ option and then tap on ‘Storage & iCloud Usage’
• On the next page, tap on the ‘Manage Storage’ option
• You will find the list of all the apps installed on your phone (with the information of the space they are taking). Tap on the app you want to delete
• Then from the next page, tap on the red colored ‘Delete App’ button
• A new popup window will appear to confirm the deletion. Tap on ‘Delete App’ again to delete the app completely
So, this is the way you can find out the apps which are taking too much space. And, you can delete them in an instant by following either of the methods mentioned above. We hope this will help you to enjoy your new iOS device the way you want to.